Population with which we work
Within C.I. Uniban S.A's Corporate Social Responsibility program, the Foundation has defined its target population in the agro industrial regions of Colombia where the Company is present, which are the region of Uraba in Antioquia and the Department of Magdalena. Thus, the company classifies people, families and organizations according to their characteristics.
Persons and families
- Banana workers and their families.
- Displaced persons
- Community leaders
- Female heads of households
- Children and youths.
According to the Convention on the rights of children, children are defined as persons less than 18 years of age. There is no definition for the age of adolescents. After 18, they are considered adults. (UNICEF, New York 1999).
- Recreational, cultural and sports organizations
- Social organizations.
- Solidary economy organizations
- Small producers' associations.
- Mirco entrepreneurs and family enterprises
- Small banana producers.
- Local educational organizations